Eligibility and Registration
Eligibility and Registration
- Each team must consist of a minimum of 2 members but not more than 4 members.
- In each team,
- at least 50% of the members must be:
- a current student in a diploma, associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree program offered by any tertiary institution in Hong Kong; or
- a former student who was awarded diplomas or degrees by any tertiary institution in Hong Kong from January 2016 to the present; or
- an overseas student or graduate with Hong Kong right to abode who has obtained an undergraduate or higher qualification(s) since January 2016 or later and expressed a wish to return to Hong Kong for employment or future development; and
- the remaining members must be individuals aged from 18 to 35 (inclusive), having the right to abode in Hong Kong with an undergraduate or higher academic qualification(s).
- All participants should be well aware of their responsibilities to execute their business plans when they enter the challenge.
- Each participant can only be associated with one team.
- Teams may be comprised of members from different participating institutions.
- Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Each team must have one faculty advisor to confirm that team members are eligible and to give team members appropriate advice.
- Teams are allowed to enter their plans in other business plan competitions.
- Teams are allowed to add, reduce or replace team members before the semi-final booklet production. Addition of new members is allowed for up to the maximum team size of 4 persons. For the condition of replacing existing members, no more than 50% changes in original team composition is allowed. (For example, if a team consists of 3 members during the application period, it may only replace 1 existing member.)
- Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- You may find the information needed for registration here.
Social Venture Plan Themes
A HKSEC social venture plan may address any local, national, regional, or global social need. For example, you may address problems faced by senior citizens, medical patients, youth or new immigrants. The plan may address problems of poverty, healthcare, education, the environment, information and communication technology, social services, agriculture, distribution or manufacturing. The proposed social venture model should contain at least the double bottom line, that is, a sustainable financial return and a distinguished social mission. Environmental neutrality is the third bottom line that is always welcome.
List of Participating Institutions
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Hong Kong Shue Yan University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The Open University of Hong Kong
- The University of Chicago Center in Hong Kong
- The University of Hong Kong
- University of Sunderland in Hong Kong
- Caritas Institute of Higher Education
- Chu Hai College of Higher Education
- HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education
- HKU SPACE Community College
- HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College
- School of Continuing and Professional Studies, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Lingnan Institute of Further Education
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - Hong Kong Community College
- Tung Wah College
- UOW College Hong Kong / Community College of City University
- Vocational Training Council
We welcome your support and participation. Please contact the HKSEC Team.