- All students in diploma, associate, bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs offered by any participating institution are eligible to take part in the competition.
- Overseas graduates with Hong Kong citizenship are also welcome to apply.
- All former students who were awarded their diplomas or degrees by any participating institution from January 2014 to the present are also eligible to take part in the competition.
- Each team must consist of a minimum of 2 members but not more than 5 members.
- Each participant can only be associated with one team.
- Teams may be comprised of members from different participating institutions.
- Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Each team must have one faculty advisor to confirm that team members are eligible and to give team members appropriate advice.
- Teams are allowed to enter their plans in other business plan competitions.
- Teams are allowed to add or change team members before the semi-final booklet production. Addition of new members is allowed for up to the maximum team size of 5 persons. For the condition of replacing existing members, no more than 50% changes in original team composition is allowed.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification.
Social Venture Plan Themes
A HKSEC social venture plan may address any local, national, regional, or global social need. For example, you may address problems faced by senior citizens, medical patients, youth or new immigrants. The plan may address problems of poverty, healthcare, education, the environment, information and communication technology, social services, agriculture, distribution or manufacturing. The proposed social venture model should contain at least the double bottom line, that is, a sustainable financial return and a distinguished social mission. Environmental neutrality is the third bottom line that is always welcome.
List of Participating Institutions
City University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong Baptist University
Hong Kong Shue Yan University
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
The Education University of Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
The Open University of Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong
Caritas Institute of Higher Education
Chu Hai College of Higher Education
Community College of City University
Hang Seng Management College
HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education
HKU SPACE Community College
HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Community College
School of Continuing and Professional Studies, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
The Community College at Lingnan University and Lingnan Institute of Further Education
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - Hong Kong Community College
Tung Wah College
Vocational Training Council